Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Top 20: 7 Months

I was thinking just today how incredibly fast the last almost 8 months have flown by. And so, nearing the end of Ella Grace's seventh month I was inspired to create a list of my "top 20" favorite things about month number 7. I'll make this a monthly tradition and am going to go back and create my "top 20" for the previous months as well...that may take a while though. But, in no particular order, here goes for month 7:

1. The way Ella Grace gets so excited to see me any time I'm away, even if only for a second. Those "whole body" smiles melt my heart!
2. The way she has become even more observant and has started using her little fingers to examine things...the other day she held her silver bracelet between her pointer finger and thumb and just stared at it for a few minutes. It's like you can almost hear the wheels turning in her head.
3. Learning to "pull up"
4. Snuggling with her when she is sick (even though I hate she was sick!)
5. Gerber cereal puffs stuck in the palm of her hand
6. Reading Snuggle Puppy with Daddy and Ella Grace before bedtime (especially when Daddy sings it!)
7. Rocking back and forth on her hands and knees...almost crawling!
8. Getting to me any way she can without crawling
9. Hair that seems to multiply by the minute
10. "conversations" with Ella Grace (ba ba ba ma ma ma ga, etc.)
11. Listening to her snore like a grown man (however, this only happens when she is sick, so I hate that...but it is so cute!)
12. Nodding her head "yes" or "no" as if she understands exactly what you are saying and is trying to answer you
13. Pulling Maddie's hair
14. giving us a beat with her maracas during dinner
15. Snuggling with her at night
16. Sweet smiles and giggles when you talk to and love on her
17. Cackling when you flip her upside down
18. The fact that Ella Grace is still unbelievably attached to her Mommy :)
19. The way she says "ma ma" when she is sleepy or hungry
20. Watching Ella Grace try to stack the rings on her Rock n Stack...I'm amazed by her every single day!

There might be a few more "favorites" to add before month 7 is officially over next week but that's all for now. I love that girl!

No comments: